Running on the Palm webOS mobile platform, the 3G-enabled Palm
PrePlus for AT&T brings together all of your important
information fromwhere it resides--on your phone, at your workplace,
at home, or on theWeb--into a single mobile device. In addition to
high-speed connectivityon AT&T's lightning quick HSPDA 3G
network, the phone's memory hasbeen doubled to 16 GB. Additionally,
with AT&T's 3G network, you canmake a call while simultaneously
receiving picture/text messages ande-mail or viewing Web pages.
The phone's slide-out full QWERTY keyboard puts it all at
yourfingertips, and the multi-touch screen lets you move back and
forthbetween open applications using natural gestures. With Palm
webOS, youcan keep multiple activities open and move easily between
them--likeflipping through a deck of cards, using natural gestures.
This allowsfor easy movement between messaging and e-mail or
searching the Webwhile listening to music, and items are rearranged
simply by draggingthem.
Palm's webOS interface brings together the most
importantinformation from your phone, at work or on the Web, into
one logicalview. In addition to linking information from Google,
Facebook,Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and LinkedIn, Palm Pre Plus
adds Yahoo!integration to Palm Synergy.
This GPS-enabled phone can accessthe AT&T Navigator service for
turn-by-turn directions. In additionto accessing home and business
networks with its Wi-Fi capabilities(802.11b/g), the Palm Pre Plus
will also receive AT&T Wi-Fi accessat U.S. hotspots (with more
than 20,000 U.S. hotspots) included as partof an unlimited data
plan. Other features include a 3-megapixelcamera/camcorder, digital
audio player, Bluetooth connectivity forhands-free devices and
stereo music streaming, access to personal andcorporate e-mail, and
up to 5 hours of talk time.
- Fast 3G connectivity via AT&T's HSDPA/UMTS network (850/1900 MHz bands; 3.6/7.2
Mbpsspeeds with network availability).
- GPS navigationcapabilities via AT&T Navigator service includes audibleturn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) foraccessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while
on thego. Connect for free using one of the over 20,000 AT&T
- 16 GB internal memory (non-expandable) with the ability to work as a USB drive when
pluggedinto a PC. You can simply drag and drop your PC media and
documents ontothe device.
- Palm's webOS platform lets youmanage multiple applications at a time, unlike any other
mobile platformtoday. It lets you keep multiple activities open and
instantly flipfrom one to another using card view.
- Linked contacts: With Palm Synergy, you maintain a single view by linking your
contactsfrom a variety of sources, so accessing them is easier than
ever. Forexample, if you have the same contact listed in your
Outlook, Google andFacebook accounts, Synergy recognizes that
they're the same person andlinks the information together,
presenting it to you as one listing.
- Layeredcalendars: Palm Synergy lets you see your calendars can beseen on their own
or layered together in a single view--combining work,family,
friends, sports teams, or other interests. You can toggle tolook at
one calendar at a time, or see them all at a glance.
- Combinedmessaging: See all your conversations with the same person in achat-style
view, even if it started in IM and you want to reply with atext
message. You can also see who's active in a buddy list right
fromcontacts, and start a new conversation with just one touch.
- Combinede-mail: Check your Outlook e-mail with Microsoft Direct PushTechnology and
HTML support. Get wireless e-mail access to popularcommercial POP3
and IMAP accounts like AOL, Gmail, and Yahoo! All youre-mail
accounts can be viewed together, or separately from one
simpleapplication. Synergy even lets you see IM presence directly
- Choose from over 2000 apps like Facebook, Yelp, LinkedIn, Pandora, NFL SuperFan, and The New
YorkTimes as well as immersive 3D games from Palm application
- Instantmessaging for Google Talk and AOL
- Documentviewer compatible with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, andPDF
- Universal search: Simply starttyping to begin searching your contacts, applications,
Google, GoogleMaps, Wikipedia and Twitter. Universal search narrows
down the possibleresults as you type, so it's easier to find what
- Unobtrusivenotifications: When important